That's how it feels to put exceptionally nutritional food into your body, and exceptionally interesting information into your head.
In this first week, my goals of following the Body For Life nutrition guide and taking the European History course from Yale have been more rewarding and easier than I had planned.
First, the BFL nutrition challenge:
I'd forgotten just how GOOD it feels to eat like this! Seriously. My body is very happy about this change. It is true that once in a while my taste buds cry foul... they miss their good friends; Chocolate, Sugar, and Fat, who they only get to see once a week.
Here's a favorite:
The sandwich. OH, the sandwich!
Sound weird? Yes. It does. Peppers? Oh-my-yummy-goodness, YES! I think I ate this sandwich like 4 times this week. Bring it on, Week 2!
On to Modern European History:
This was FANTASTIC!!! I'd forgotten just how much I enjoyed taking classes and hearing really great lectures. I took two of the 24 lessons this week. The first was simply the introduction to the class, but it served to ignite my already sparked interest in the subject.
The second lesson was on Absolute Rule, with an introduction to state-making, how it came to be widely accepted in the mid 1600's, and why. The Thirty Years war was touched on, as was King Louis XIV among other subjects. So interesting! I think my brain must have been starving for something like this, because I ate up every word the Professor spoke, took 2 pages of notes, and checked out a book on European History from the library to start. (I'm nuts, I know...)
Week 1 = SUCCESS!!
How cool! I love that you are taking the class. If I get some more spare time...maybe in the new year...I might try this.
ReplyDeleteAs for the healthy eating, I love that you are doing that. Last year I had to go on a no dairy, soy or corn product diet because Grant had a milk/soy protein intolerance. That meant no soybean oil or corn syrup. Everything had to be natural. It was expensive, but I felt great and could eat as much as I wanted without gaining an ounce. I stopped three months ago...and gained 15 lbs! I'm working on getting back into eating better but that other junk is so addictive! I'm proud of you. Keep up the good work and thanks for stopping by.
Andrea,
ReplyDeleteI think you are such an amazing woman! You are so real and refreshing. You have a truly good, honest heart. Cory chose well! Thank you for your example.
Hey Andrea, found your blog via Denise's. And let me just say that sandwich looks delicious! I love recipes with lots of veggies. The bread looks pretty cool, too... all flat and everything. I like your blog. Maybe it will inspire me to start strength training again.
ReplyDelete