I love to bake.
I find great happiness in being creative and making something that I'm positive people will like. (Thanks mostly to chocolate, sugar, and other yumminess.) My relationship with making tasty treats is wonderful, because I don't ordinarily have to sample the finished product to enjoy the process... which is especially helpful right now as I'm resolved to be healthier in my eating habits.
Baking = Bliss.
It was nearly a year ago, that the clouds parted, the light came on, the angels began singing, and I discovered Bakerella.
Oh Bakerella, how I love thee! Let me count the ways!... 1.) cake pops 2.) cake 3.) cupcakes 4.) candies 5.) creative awesomeness! Her website is choc full of amazing creations, recipes, and ideas.
Just looking at all her ideas makes me smile. How can something so beautiful, creative, and DELICIOUS make anyone feel anything other than sheer delight?
Today, I decided to make cake pops again and bring them to some of the women I go to church with. They weren't fancy like those pictured above. They were pink, simple, and lacked embellishment. I made a chocolate cake from scratch since I was out of box mixes, added the frosting, rolled the mixture into balls, inserted lollipop sticks, and froze them. After they reached sufficient hardness, I dipped them in the melted pink white chocolate and allowed them to set. Something about this process was so thoroughly enjoyable that I found myself grinning as I carefully packaged them to be given away.
The best part was seeing the light come into the eyes and the smiles spread across the faces of the women I gave them to.
If ever there is ever a need for more happiness/creativity/chocolate in life, cake pops are the perfect remedy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Hi Andrea! I'm sneaking up on you. I've had fun reading your last few posts. I love that you are taking your class! Is it free? I love that you love the library...it's supposed to close next year if the people of Troy don't get out to the polls to vote in a few weeks...so get registered to vote here, if you haven't already! I love that you like to make pretty things that are yummy...although you are forbidden to ever bring them to me as I would not be able to say no! I hope to get to know you better, you are a cool chicka.
ReplyDelete